You must maintain the health of the computers you use in order to maximize your productivity.
Too many people overlook these routines because they feel the upfront effort is wasted and will not be realized to anything meaningful. Rather than boosting productivity, it leads to apathy and eventually catastrophe.
Here are some activities you should be doing in order to maintain your workstation:
- Keep software up to date.
- Scan for malware on a regular basis.
- Separate your content from your operating system.
- Hold back from cutting edge operating systems for several months.
- Do not download from sketchy websites.
- Backup your content, and then backup your content again.
- Backup your operating system.
- Reduce the number of installed applications.
- Store project work in an online synchronized storage box.
As obvious as each of these things appear at first glance, I encounter people every single day that violate one or more of these guidelines. Don’t be one of those people.